A. Permit Required. No person may drive a pedicab without a valid, current pedicab driver’s permit issued under Chapter 16.40.
B. Application Documents Required. Applicants for a pedicab driver’s permit must submit to the Administrator the items listed below. The failure to submit any of the items listed will result in a denial of the permit:
1. a completed application on a form approved by the Administrator;
2. a copy of the applicant’s current driver’s license or government issued photo identification (if the company has a Bureau-approved training class relating to traffic rules and regulations); and
3. if necessary, any information that reasonably relates to the application or is a clarification of information provided to the Administrator.
C. Photographs. Applicants will be photographed by the Bureau upon submittal of the driver permit application. The photograph then becomes a part of the applicant’s submittal package.
D. Fees Required. Applicants must submit a nonrefundable application fee in the amount listed in the Fee Table in Section 16.40.590.
E. Age and Criminal History. Applicants for a pedicab driver’s permit may not be issued a permit if any of the following conditions exist:
1. The applicant has a felony of any kind in the 10 years preceding the submission of the application;
2. The applicant has a felony involving physical harm or attempted physical harm to a person, regardless of when the conviction occurred;
3. During the 5-year period preceding the submission of the application, the applicant has been convicted of any criminal offense involving:
a. any misdemeanor involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, prostitution, or weapons; or
b. any traffic crime, including but not limited to: driving under the influence of intoxicants, reckless driving, attempt to elude a police officer, or leaving the scene of an injury accident;
4. The applicant is less than 18 years old.
F. Driver Safety and Customer Service Training Requirements. Applicants must successfully complete the following training and classes within 6 months of issuance of the driver’s permit:
1. A Bureau-approved driver safety program; and
2. A Bureau-approved customer service training class.
G. Driver Knowledge and Skills Testing Requirements. Applicants must successfully complete each of the following tests as administered by the Bureau before a permit can be issued:
2. Relevant City Code provisions and administrative rules; and
3. Portland-area attractions.