A. Any individual who intentionally accesses the Bureau’s computer database without authorization will be fined:
1. $500 if the individual acquires any information regarding any business account found in the database;
2. $1,000 or the cost of the loss (whichever is greater) if the individual uses or attempts to use the acquired information for financial gain of any kind; or
3. $5,000 or the cost of the loss (whichever is greater) if the individual causes the transmission of a program, information, code, or command to the Bureau’s computer database, and, as a result of such conduct, causes damage to the database.
B. Definitions. As used in this section:
1. the term “Bureau’s computer database” means computer application(s) used by the Bureau to calculate and store business and financial data collected under the authority granted by the Business License Law;
2. the term “loss” means any reasonable cost incurred by the City of Portland, including but not limited to the cost of responding to an offense, conducting a damage assessment, and restoring the data, program, system, or information to its condition prior to the offense, and any revenue lost, cost incurred, or other consequential damages incurred because of interruption of service;
3. the term "damage" means any impairment to the integrity or availability of data, a program, a system, or information.