POL Government Elected Officials Auditor Hull Caballero Charter, Code & Policies City Code & Charter Online Code & Charter Title 7 Business Licenses Chapter 7.02 Business License Law
7.02.620 Changes to Federal and/or State Tax Returns.


A.    If a taxfiler’s reported net income under applicable Oregon laws imposing a tax on or measured by income is changed by the federal Internal Revenue Service or the Oregon Department of Revenue, or amended by the taxfiler to correct an error in the original federal or state return, a report of such change must be filed with the Bureau within 60 days after the date of the notice of the final determination of change or after an amended return is filed with the federal or state agencies.  The report must be accompanied by an amended tax return with respect to such income and by any additional tax, penalty, and interest due.


B.    The Bureau may assess deficiencies and grant refunds resulting from changes to federal, state, city or county tax returns within the time periods provided for in Section 7.02.280, treating the report of change in federal, state, city or county tax returns as the filing of an amended tax return.


C.    The Bureau may assess penalties and interest on the additional tax due as provided in Subsection 7.02.700 A. and 7.02.710 A., or may refuse to grant a refund of business taxes as a result of the amended tax return if the amended tax return is not filed with the Bureau within the time limits set forth in Subsection A.