(Added by Ordinance No. 181715, effective April 2, 2008.)
A. Persons who fail to comply with the requirements or prohibitions of Title 21 or rules adopted under Section 21.24.080 are subject to enforcement actions by the City of the Portland.
1. A violation occurs when any requirement or prohibition of Title 21 or rules adopted under Section 21.24.080 are not complied with.
2. Each separate occasion is considered a separate violation. The Portland Water Bureau shall issue only one violation per prohibited use per day.
C. Enforcement. In enforcing any of the requirements or prohibitions of Title 21 or rules adopted under Section 21.24.080, the Administrator may:
1. Issue warning notices;
2. Issue notices of violation and orders to comply;
3. Institute an action before the Code Hearings Officer;
4. Impose civil penalties, in an amount not to exceed $500 per day or as otherwise specified elsewhere in Title 21 or the annual rate ordinance. These penalties shall be imposed for each day a violation continues to exist against any individual or business who does not comply with the provisions of this Title. Each failure to comply shall be deemed a separate violation;
5. Order the installation of facilities required by this Title as a condition of providing water service; or
6. Terminate water service.
D. Appeal of enforcement action. A water user may appeal the Administrator's action within 30 days from the date the notice of enforcement is mailed, in accordance with procedures and timelines set out in Title 22 of the Portland City Code. Such an appeal must include a copy of the action that is the subject of the appeal, must state the basis for the appeal, and must be filed with the Code Hearings Officer and the Portland Water Bureau.