A. Following adoption of the ordinance under Section 3.122.070 B, the
Auditor shall mail notice to the property owners within the proposed Economic
Improvement District which contains the following information:
The Council’s intent to form an Economic Improvement District.
2. Benefitted properties will be assessed unless it is a voluntary
assessment in which case only property owners who specifically request to be
assessed will be assessed. An owner who fails to submit a written objection
before or at the public hearing on assessment shall be deemed to have made a
specific request to be assessed.
3. The formula for determining the amount of the assessment.
4. The scope of the improvements and that the description of the
boundaries of the proposed District and the full scope of the project are on
file with the Auditor and where the file can be viewed. It should state
a. In the case of a voluntary assessment the scope and level of
the improvements may be reduced depending on the amount of money collected;
b. In the case of a mandatory assessment the scope and level of
the improvements may be reduced if the amount of the assessment is
compressed to fit within the property tax limitation imposed by the Oregon
Constitution, Art. XI § 11b.
5. The estimated cost of the proposal, and that it may be reduced to
the amount of money actually received.
6. The date, time and place of the hearing and that the proposal
could be modified as a result of public testimony.
7. The classification or types of properties which are exempt and
that a request for an exemption on an enclosed form must be filed not later
than 21 days after the notice is mailed.
8. In the case of a voluntary assessment that it is an incurred
charge and is not a tax and is a charge outside the property tax limitations
in the Oregon Constitution, Art. XI, §11b.