Binding City Policy
The Council finds:
- The City joined with 5 other jurisdictions in creating the Consolidated Cable Communications Commission (CCCC) through an Intergovernmental Agreement (Ordinance # 166168)
- The CCCC has contracted with the City of Portland for administrative services.
- The service contract requires that the City establish a separate Cable Fund to account for franchise fee revenue from the other participating jurisdictions and cable expenditures.
- Cable revenues were transferred from Multnomah County to the City per Ordinance # 166376
- The Office of Cable Communications and Franchise Management will submit a Supplemental Budget request to receive authority to expend funds. However, the City's Supplemental Budget will not be approved until June 1993.
- In order to receive and expend cable franchise revenues on behalf of the other participating jurisdictions, the City needs to create a segregated Cable Fund.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. A Cable Fund be established to track cable revenues and expenditures as required by the Intergovernmental Agreement approved by Ordinance # 166168.
Ordinance No. 166484
Passed by Council May 5, 1989